Export of Chilean Grapes
Third worldwide exporter of grapes
8,000 years ago, grapes were first grown in what is now known as the Middle East.
Chile is the leading producer of table grapes in the southern hemisphere and the world, with almost 30% of Chiles fruit growing area dedicated to grapes.
The arid climate of the Chilean summer provides ideal conditions for the production of quality fruit.
While known for such popular grape varieties as Red Globe, Crimson and Thompson Seedless, Chile has introduced numerous new varieties to the world market, focusing on superior size, condition and flavor.
Chilean table grapes are available from mid-November to August
48.593 Ha planted
Table grape cultivation in Chile is concentrated in Regions III and VI
Grape export volume
• Eating grapes brings great health benefits. Among the properties of grapes are that of being an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory as well as a great source of energy.
• Grapes are a rich and natural source of polyphenols, which act against free radicals, being perfect natural antioxidants.
• One ¾ cup of grapes contains only 90 calories.
• Grapes are also a good source of vitamin K, copper and many of the B vitamins.
• Regular consumption of grapes can play a role in eye health by protecting the retina from damage.