Export of Mexican Bananas
Twelfth largest producer worldwide
The banana is the most harvested tropical fruit in Mexico. In spite of having origin in Asia, with the discovery of America it arrives to Mexican territories.
The particularity of the Mexican banana is that it has many varieties. Among the most outstanding are the Dominican, Valery, Tabasco, and Apple tree, among others.
This tropical fruit is one of the most consumed in Mexico, since it has a great availability.
The entities with the largest volume of harvest are: Tabasco, Chiapas and Colima
Banana exports 2010-2019
Annual per capita consumption
tons exported in 2019
• Because of its high content of fiber, minerals and vitamins, it prevents colon cancer.
• Recovers muscle fatigue, ideal for athletes to improve sports performance.
• It protects the heart, as it contains fiber, high potassium content and antioxidant vitamins.
• It takes care of the good development and functioning of the immune system.
• It is an ally when losing weight, since it increases the feeling of satiety.
Source: Panorama Agroalimentario 2020