Export of Chilean Almonds
Available all year round
Chilean almonds are available all year round. The harvest is between the months of March and April.
The flowering process takes place in March, but the fruit has a nine-month ripening period.
The almond is the seed of the fruit of the almond tree, it has a white color and has a brown cover.
It is normal that it is consumed as a snack in a salty or sweet way.
The almonds are used to make well-known products such as masapán and turrón.
Chilean almonds are available all year round, but their harvest date is between March and April
8.545 Ha planted
The cultivation of Chilean almonds extends from Region IV to Region VI
Almond export volume
• Almonds are a rich source of protein, fiber and calcium.
• Since they have mono-unsaturated fats, (like olive oil), they are excellent for fighting heart disease.
• One of the benefits of almonds is that they help to strengthen bones due to their high calcium content, and they strengthen hair and skin.
• Eating almonds in the middle of the morning in a recommended portion maintains healthy cholesterol levels.
• It is the nut that contains the greatest volume of fiber.