Export of Chilean Clementine
Available from May to August
Within citrus fruits, Clementines are a relatively new crop that has had excellent acceptance in the domestic market and also has good export alternatives, being a fruit of excellent conditions of consumption by not having seeds, be sweeter and easier to peel.
Like the tangerine, it is a small fruit, between 70 and 120 gr. per portion. It is characterized by its smooth and thin skin.
Clementine is a hybrid between mandarin and bitter orange, which is the source of its characteristic sour and sweet taste.
Chilean clementines are available from May to August
Clementine cultivation is concentrated between Region IV and Region VI
Clementine export volume
• Because of their high vitamin C content, clementines help our immune system.
• It improves the functioning of the brain and prevents diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.
• Clementine is an ally for the functions of the heart, because it has antioxidant properties. This decreases the risk of heart disease.
• It strengthens the bone system, improves the digestive system and helps the eyesight.
• Clementine also aids in weight loss. It contains fiber and lowers insulin levels. In this way, it prevents the storage of sugars and helps burn fat.