Export of Frozen Blackberries
Third largest exporter worldwide
Frozen Chilean blackberries are available from September to early October.
The blackberry is a shrub-like plant of climbing nature, belonging to the family of rosaceae. Its fruit is dark purple and usually shiny when ripe.
This species is native to the highlands of South and Central America.
Chile is the third world exporter of frozen blackberries (SUBREI, 2020).
Chilean blackberries are available from September to early October
1.798 Ha planted
The cultivation of Chilean blackberries expands between the V and XIV Regions, but it is concentrated in the Maule Region
Frozen blackberries export volume
• Because of its content of vitamins C and E and minerals such as zinc and manganese, it benefits the immune system by strengthening the defences.
• It presents a positive amount of fiber for the intestinal transit.
• It prevents cholesterol due to its vasodilator action and the acids it contains have anti-cancer properties.
• It has anti-inflammatory properties: therefore it helps in diseases such as arthritis and obesity.
• It helps to the function of the nerves, to the contraction of the muscles and to that the cardiac rhythm stays constant.