Export of Peruvian Frozen Strawberries
A market with great potential
The Peruvian frozen strawberry market is expanding. Its last season saw a 72% increase, with the main destination being the United States.
It is expected that exports will continue to grow as more and more companies are interested in the product.
Peru's geographical position has great potential to be a leader in strawberry planting because the soil and climatic conditions favour the crop all year round in coastal and highland areas.
Peruvian frozen strawberries are available all year round. On the coast it is produced from June to December and in the mountains from November to August
3000 Ha planted
Strawberry cultivation is concentrated in what is known as the "Norte chico" of Lima, in the towns of Barranca, Huaral, Huaura and Huacho
• Strawberries are an excellent resource to prevent overweight and obesity.
• It contains phytonutrients that counteract the effects of free radicals, preventing the risk of cancer.
• It helps to eliminate uric acid from the body, preventing diseases such as gout.
• Due to its phosphorus content, it improves the functioning of the nervous system.
• They have a certain amount of omega-3, which benefits to maintain healthy cholesterol levels and prevent diabetes.