Export of Mexican Strawberries
Third largest producer worldwide
Mexico has positioned itself as one of the pioneer countries in strawberry production, becoming the third largest producer worldwide. This is due to the fact that the planting area has been growing every year, making the Mexican strawberry one of the most sought after abroad.
The strawberry is the only one that has the seeds abroad and can have up to 200 of them.
It is characterized by its light and sweet flavor, which is mostly composed of water.
Mexican strawberries represent 3% of the world's surface.
The entities with the largest volume of harvest are: Michoacán, Baja California and Guanajuato
Strawberries exports 2010-2019
Annual per capita consumption
tons exported in 2019
• Strawberries are an excellent resource to prevent overweight and obesity.
• It contains phytonutrients that counteract the effects of free radicals, preventing the risk of cancer.
• It helps to eliminate uric acid from the body, preventing diseases such as gout.
• Due to its phosphorus content, it improves the functioning of the nervous system.
• They have a certain amount of omega-3, which benefits to maintain healthy cholesterol levels and prevent diabetes.
Source: Panorama Agroalimentario 2020